Trick to use with POR-15

PoliceMonkey161

Hello All....... So, I'm re-building my Dana 30differential. And just like the AMC 20 I did last month, I'm using POR-15 rusttreatment as a primer on most everything that is not in direct movement or is apress-on fitting socket. This stuff is awesome!
But I found a trick (or maybe I'm the last to catch on) to preppingyou parts. For small parts like the steering knuckles, hub, caliper anchorplate, hardware, etc. after wire wheeling them, put them in the dish washer.Sounds crazy, but it moves oil and grease leaving a little rust patina which isdesired with POR-15. If it will fit in the dish washer, put it in there. But bewarned, it will leave a little dirty residue inside the washer.

Your significant other just may kill you also LOL. Maybe an old dish-washer in the garage would be in order.

A local shop I use has a large parts washer that uses hot water and detergent, basically an oversized dishwasher, large enough to fit a diesel engine.

The trick I use with POR-15 is to cover my entire body in paint-proof attire. If you get any on your skin and don't get it off with acetone within five minutes, it will take two weeks to wear off. I know this. Also I buy cheapo paint brushes and just throw them out when I'm done.

I did that but only with oven to bake on powder coat and small painted parts
to this day I haven't lived it down
after a year the oven still stinks :scratch:

Rule # 1 Never touch the wife's appliances
Rule # 2 Never touch the wife's appliances
Rule # 3 Never touch the wife's appliances

Need I say more lol

After a rough cleaning and wire brushing I've been using Metal Ready before POR 15 with great results.

The trick I use with POR-15 is to cover my entire body in paint-proof attire. If you get any on your skin and don't get it off with acetone within five minutes, it will take two weeks to wear off. I know this. Also I buy cheapo paint brushes and just throw them out when I'm done.

LMAO

I am considering using this stuff on my frame, but every time I read about it on the forum, I become quite afraid that I will destroy some part of my life.

yeah me and my dad diddnt think we would need gloves when we used it to restore his charger, we spent the whole day covering the floor with the stuff and had black hands fir a week, WEAR GLOVES

.....or leave it and no ticks will penetrate >O< mooooh-(

Back