jeeptjon37's

Hey,
Ok i know what your thinking gearing again :rolleyes:

So here its is,

2000 tj
want 37's with 5.5 and 5 inch stretch
my planned gear ration 4.88
not sure though
Whats the best for 37's want torque but want to be able to hit 70?
65 is ok but thats not very good
not a dd just driving to trails

oh also what 3 inch fender flares should i get?
12.50 tires but PA lift law says NO FLARES OVER 3 INCHES :crazy:

Another thing
what front axel
ford 8.8 rear with ?????? front? i want a pretty Strong axel without going total rockwell

60 maybe but that means that my front axel is stronger than my rear! :lol:

Thanks,
Tom

Best to split your questions up amongst different posts, makes it easier to answer and follow. I'd bet PA also requires full tire coverage, strange to limit flare width but require they completely cover the tires.

I wouldn't be set on the Ford 8.8 rear axle, it limits you on choice of front axle. I would recommend planning on changing your wheel lug pattern to get the best axle that suits your needs.

5" and 5.5" of stretch is a lot of stretch for a 37" tire, your not going to gain much of anything, you angle of departure and approach might improve, but your break over angle will be miserable. a 2-3" stretch front and rear would be ideal

I posted a pic in one of your other thread of a TJ, it has a 106" (actually 105.75") wheel base, about 5" front strecth and 6" rear give or take.

If you want flares thatcover over 3", you will have to consult a custom builder or make them your self. White Rhino Fab can fab up steel fenders at pretty much any wideth you want.

axles, I listed in your other posts possible options, but the choices are plentyful, you need to decide what YOU want to do. Like Bounty said, you need a solid plan, but don't build a rig around one component, if you do, you'll run into limitations.

If I were you, I am assuming you have a TJ and want 37" tires. I would with a LCG lift by I think Rubicon express (about 3" of lift, small stretch front and rear), hi-line front fenders with built in flare, gen-right (or any vendor) rear fenders/courners with built in flares and a set of JK Rubi D44's the front is a bolt in application, rear requires a little work, re-gear to 4.88 or 5.13, chromo shafts and done.

If you ever plan on going larger than 37" tires, then skip all that, and go 1 tons now.

suicide_231835-1.jpg

Back