What did you do to your Jeep today?

I just copied and pasted the description for everyone. :)

Cristina and I went and picked up the grab handles she had custom made in bright grey and black to match her jeep. The front we are done and the fears will be done Monday. We found a kid locally who makes paracord bracelets and he agreed to make the grab handles for us. Him and his dad had to make a few sets to get the diameter right and the. To get the colors to lay right. They came out great and I will post a picture once daylight is here for a good picture

Sounds good, post some pics when ya geter done.
I will. Just trying to change it up a bit. I figure I have the shop, made all kind of cool stuff for everybody but very little for my self...... You know how that goes. I am currently in a rot so I need something to pick me up a bit....

jump on a bike and cruise around the town to enjoy the cooler weather and give you some alone time. i started doing that after work, i ride out to the island and back each day, about 8-10 miles depending on route.

my bad thing though is i keep trying to beat my best time so now its a race everyday to the island and back. 8 miles in 28m and some odd seconds or 10 miles in 36m and some odd seconds.

works out ok though, i have lost 23 pounds so far

The grab handles.

0FCFDD9183E14027876737AAACABC42516850000-1.jpg

F2A96713F6284FB7886641BEDCC72B9D16850000-1.jpg

After 4 to 5 weeks, I've lost track the Jeep is coming home from the shop. Going to pick it up in an hour. Sunny but cold in California, 37 around 7am.

Dropped him off at the shop to have the cylinder head replaced. :( I feel like the jeep's been in the shop's possession more than mine this year.

Drove it toocate an oil pressure switch for my old beater Honda acord. Found ione at the 4th auto parts shop finally. The Honda is back on the road. Woo who, back to commuter with high 20 mpg's again.

Picked up my Jeep today, 4 to 5 weeks later. Lost track. Came home on the new trailer. Couldn't feel it behind the truck at all. The shop has a truck scale and the jeep sits at 4220 lbs. We all went for a ride around town and waved at 3 or 4 jeeps, nothing? I think the Jeep wave is funny and like to see if I get one back. I spent a few years on a Ninja 600 and bikers always wave. My baby is home and I'm happy, don't ask my wallet how he feels..

Attachments

• image-1729072622.jpg
    image-1729072622.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 284
  • image-2465575368.jpg
    image-2465575368.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 446

gennybro said:
I thought you had a new engine put in that jeep not to long ago.

Yup. It's under warranty. They've sent a new head and they are supposed to pay for labor. However, I found out that it is a reimbursement. Therefore, I'll be paying out-of-pocket and sending them the receipt. I do not have the obscene amount of money estimated due at this moment but my jeep is expected to be complete tomorrow afternoon. It will have to stay sitting in the shop until Friday when I get my ginormous nurse's pay. Lol Furthermore, the warranty is only paying the labor for the actual time of the replacement of the head, not the cost of the oil, the coolant, gasket, etc, nor the labor estimated with any of the other prep work.

Hope it all gets worked out for you TRRN.

Had the doors off for the last couple of days enjoying the weather. Today, picked up some polyfill from Wally World and stuffed the sound bar around the speakers. Surprisingly, it actually did improve the sound. Also popped off the dash to color match the instrument cluster. The whole process (stuffing sound bar and instrument) was around two hours mainly for paint drying.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30

I'm considering the poly-fil as well but there are some that says it does absolutely nothing and others that swear it sounds better. I wonder if it depends on the density of the poly-fil.

Nice job on dash!

Last night I put some new rear upper control arms on - Savvy adjustable. It was actually harder than I expected, because I had to drill the bolt hole out, and my muffer and onboard air tank were both in the way. My SYE should be here today, and I'm hoping to have everything wrapped up this week.

New upper control arms
PORC SYE
CV driveshaft
Belly up skid plate.

IMG_4559-savvy-upper-control-arms.JPG

I'm considering the poly-fil as well but there are some that says it does absolutely nothing and others that swear it sounds better. I wonder if it depends on the density of the poly-fil.

Nice job on dash!

Thanks! In regards to the poly-fil, I packed it pretty good. It came in a pillow sized bag, so I just went insane with it. Also filled in the rollbar in places since it seemed that they have cut back on the padding.

Last night I put some new rear upper control arms on - Savvy adjustable. It was actually harder than I expected, because I had to drill the bolt hole out, and my muffer and onboard air tank were both in the way. My SYE should be here today, and I'm hoping to have everything wrapped up this week.

New upper control arms
PORC SYE
CV driveshaft
Belly up skid plate.

View attachment 15276

NICE!!!

i drove mine to work today, ha ha ha. it rides so smooth

Steering damper, water pump, ajusted the gear box to much slop in the steering. Next take off rear track bar.

Got my bumpers welded and to the powder coating shop. Can't wait to get them back. Trailer hitch receiver on both front and back bumpers. My new winch can be kept away from the weather and just mount it in the receiver when needed. The cool thing will be that I can use it on the front as well as on the back bumper now.... Always trying something new...LOL

Back