what do u like most bout driving a jeep?

luis

Mine is the filling of invisibility. The fact that I know this jeep can take me anywhere i please with no hesitation

I have to say going topless with no doors on r the best. I like using my nerf bars as foot rest on long trips

i like how original a jeep is, in addition to the other stuff. you can go anywhere and people know you are in a jeep.

can;t be said for cars now days. you see hyundais that look like mercedes, toyotas and bmws are similar. every thing is so round and smoothed over that it all looks the same.

I love the fact that I can surf the dunes in the desert. The feeling of power sliding on a slipface is unreal. To hear that 4L digging deep and giving you that grunt is awesome.

superj said:
i like how original a jeep is, in addition to the other stuff. you can go anywhere and people know you are in a jeep.

can;t be said for cars now days. you see hyundais that look like mercedes, toyotas and bmws are similar. every thing is so round and smoothed over that it all looks the same.

This is very true. The shapes of the wrangler haven't change much over the decades

This is very true. The shapes of the wrangler haven't change much over the decades
My friend, in my opinion you have not paid much attention to the direction of styleing that jeep has taken itself to, look at the cj's, and then look at the modern brand of jeeps that they are offering us,WOW we still have the front grill of a jeep,but that is about it, the metal hood latches which I think are a trademark,are not there. Replaced with some rubber or plastic bull crap,come on man,take a good look at a jeep,past and present. I think the jeep is a part of our heritage and when the manufactures of jeep take notice that we are not happy campers with what they are doing to a machine that represents Americans.Maybe,just maybe,they will produce the jeeps in the original style.
let's take a vote on this issue, and see if I am correct. Post one X for yur prefrence of the style of the cj, or post two XX for the tj.

gennybro said:
My friend, in my opinion you have not paid much attention to the direction of styleing that jeep has taken itself to, look at the cj's, and then look at the modern brand of jeeps that they are offering us,WOW we still have the front grill of a jeep,but that is about it, the metal hood latches which I think are a trademark,are not there. Replaced with some rubber or plastic bull crap,come on man,take a good look at a jeep,past and present. I think the jeep is a part of our heritage and when the manufactures of jeep take notice that we are not happy campers with what they are doing to a machine that represents Americans.Maybe,just maybe,they will produce the jeeps in the original style.
let's take a vote on this issue, and see if I am correct. Post one X for yur prefrence of the style of the cj, or post two XX for the tj.

I have a point aswell. In the end manufactures r just trying to make money is all. I have a tj and I like the styling. But i do like the looks of the Cj. The yj not so much

I have a point aswell. In the end manufactures r just trying to make money is all. I have a tj and I like the styling. But i do like the looks of the Cj. The yj not so much
That is what I'm *****ing about,I totally agree with ya about the looks of the cj and yj,darn If we can convince the folks at jeep that we want the cj style,it's gonna be more money in there pocket.

Dont cut the corners with plastic or rubber hood latches,we want the real deal,the bodystyle of a jeep,not a hummer wanna be. I dont know man,It's just that the way I think is there has to come a limit as to what we are going to sacrafice for the all mighty dollar ,and I dont think there is any excuse for the downgradeing of the integrity of an american machine. It represents you,me and every American.

I'm sorry,I'm on a roll ,but the square headlights disgusted me as I said before,the replacement of the style of the hoodlatches irritaded me just as much,Ok I'll shut up.
The square headlight issue was on anouther thread,sorry about that,

Last edited by a moderator:
X

Having had 3 CJs followed by 3 TJs and now my first YJ...., nothing beats the CJ

Here's a before /after of my very first jeep

image-3356220461.png

My 2nd jeep...

image-2801726101.png

Wow! almost forgot how good it looked:)

The biggest thing I love about driving it is it's paid off. I know that's nothing specific about it being a jeep, but you get the idea. The other thing is aside from my front drive shaft being out right now, if it were fixed I can go just about anywhere I want.

Driving a vehicle that is paid off is sweet cuz more money for mods and off road parts

The things I love most about driving my jeep is low maintained roads and no matter how clean or dirty it is you still get those looks of envy from none jeepers

Attachments

• image-2444936701.png
    image-2444936701.png
    762.6 KB · Views: 187
MattMayTJ said:
The things I love most about driving my jeep is low maintained roads and no matter how clean or dirty it is you still get those looks of envy from none jeepers

I think the dirtier the better. I like passing ppl who r stuck and going thru the same stuff they went thru and making it. And then turning around to pull em out

I remember when I first got my license....saw a '61 Jeep parked by the Dairy Queen for sale. I loved that thing, didn't have a job or any money, but I was hooked (this was 1969). As life went on and I married, had kids, drove all kinds of stuff that was offered, my Jeep dreams in the background. Then I met mudwoman, drove her YJ, and was hooked. Bought my '03 (yeah, it's a TJ) and have my vehicle for life. I can pack anything I can think of on it, in it, or around it and take it on the road, around the road, or off the road. Can't believe I went 50 years without owning one.

Back