what is the best tire?

kikokeki

:?: What is the best offroad tire? Im looking for something that is aggresive, super good offroad, and maybe that I can still cruse around in.
I dont care if its quiet, I like the super swampers but i heard they suck in snow and the wear is not that great? I would appreciate any info on this subject. I have read a lot of reviews, but would like to know what you guys think.

My vote goes to the bias Super Swamper TSL. To me, this is the best all around tire that you can get. Good lateral stability, flexy sidewall, a tread design that offers the same traction regardless of which way it is spinning, and they just eat everything you put in front of them. You can find a tire that can outdo a TSL in ONE category, but it will be hard to find one that performs as well in all categories.

I did research on this for a while and I decided on the Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips. Not many people know about them but the people that do have them had nothing but good things to say. Very agressive looking, great wear on pavement, awesome offroad capabilities... I finally got them last Nov. and when I ordered them from desertrat.com the guy I was talking to even said they were the best tire they sell! And that was against companies like BFG, Interco, Goodyear, Mickey Thomson, Pro Comp, and Continental. If you want to check them out here ya go... http://www.dirtgriptires.com/

image-missing.png

swamper tsl's are by far the best off road tire. i have had my 36 swamper tsl aired down to 4PSI on a 10 inch rim without any problems.boggers tend to slide sideways on hills and the truxis dont seem to be aggressive enough for my tastes

I really like the Truxus from Intercore for a good all around tire. Off road I really liked my Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. But the road will eat em up fast. tug

TSL or even better, the TSL/SX. You asked for the best offroad, this is it. You can still cruise around in it, but it takes a little getting used to being a tough bias-ply tire.

Pep boys sells a 31x10.5 Futura Enforcer. They do well for me offroad, and on the road. Nice grip low noise. Best part .......they are 89 $ a pop.

Yes, the Pep Boy's Tires are actually Cooper Tires and a pretty good deal.

I personally am going with Kumho Venture M/T I have heard nothing but good reviews about them

the procomp xterrains are the best, i think. The tread pattern is a little too tight, but Its been great for me. I have never had a problem off road in even the thickest crap, its good in snow, and its hard to puncture. I have been very happy with it, especially since i paid all that money. I have well over 30,000 miles on them and they look almost new.. its crazy. It's not loud at all and looks pretty wicked. You can even reverse mount them for more traction.

image-missing.png

i took this just this weekend, and check out the trad thats left.

Back