tj brake rotors

riverratba

i need to have the brake rotors turned on my 06 tj, how hard are they to pull,do i need any special tools to get them off.

Dont know about the 06, but in my '94 they are easy as pie... Pull the tires off, remove the caliper and basically, you're done.

Yes , its that easy. Make sure you support the caliper with a small wire to the coil spring. Do not let it dangle with the rubber hose. IF the rotor does not come loose after removing the caliper, use a small hammer and tap the rotor in between the lug studs to break it loose from the hub bearing unit.

thanks, i've changed brakes and rotors on my truck but hadn't tried the jeep. i'll be sure to support the caliper.thanks again for the info

you can't turn the rotors on tj's, they use a composite rotor that doesn't have enough girth to be turned down. you have to buy new rotors, but they are cheap as dirt, I think two new rotors is maybe a couple dollars more than turning two rotors.

Front rotors for an 06 are only 34$ a piece at autozone with a two year warranty. Most places charge 20$ a rotor to just turn them.

Back