What to do..

TeddESP

I have a 93 YJ and I'm not too mechanically inclined but I've been doing a lot of research on here and the web to try to learn more.. I was wondering if it would be worth taking my baby to a jeep dealer to have them look it over and make sure everything was in good working order. Should I bring lube or try a different kind of shop? I just don't know what to check I guess.

what are you wanting to have checked?

Just the overall state of the vehicle I guess.. It runs and has no serious problems but I'd like to just get it looked at by someone who would know if something was wrong, if I'm not making sense just let me know. :p

Where are you located? Dealerships are often overpriced and not any more knowledgeable than a local shop, many times even less so on an older vehicle such as yours.

Where are you located? Consider joining a local 4wd or Jeep club and you'll likely meet a lot of knowledgeable Jeepers, many of whom would likely give your jeep a once over.

Should I bring lube

Yes, regardless of the vehicle, if you have a dealer perform work on your vehicle out of warranty, bring Lube... makes getting screwed by the dealer a lot easier when you see the bill.

Sorry I had too. Honestly, Jeeps are fairly simple vehicles to work on and diagnos issues with. I will 110% echo the join a local group, some are more trail riding minded, some are more parade and car shop minded, but regardless, they will be a wealth of knowledge.

I live in Maine. Lol I completely forgot to post on a club I joined full of jeepers. Silly mistakes. :p I don't really have any problems to diagnose i kinda just want someone to look it over to see how things are doing.

Not sure where in Maine, but check out NEWJO (new england willy jeeps organization). I am not a member, but I wheel with them often as that club is a member of the same association my club is.

also PM if you interested in some regional forum boards.

Back