I love my dog.... and you love your: ?

mingez

Here's something we've never done to my knowledge.

Do you have any pets? I have one, her name is "Crackers" and she's a Westie Terrier. Not the most masculine of dogs, but she's been up to the top of Two 14'ers (14000 ft peaks) in Colorado. She's been on countless trails, and is the best companion a person could want.

She was a stray near downtown Denver, I couldn't track down the owner, so I adopted her.

I get teased for having a small dog, but I don't care. She's tougher than most large dogs I know. And recently I found out she's got a natural instinct to retrieve Dove's when I went Dove hunting for the first time. It was the craziest thing I've seen, she's a natural. And it's not natural for Terriers to retrieve. Also, she barks at my fishing pole when it tugs. A fishing alarm so to speak.
image-missing.png

I got a few dogs. But the big boy is TJ. No not after the jeep, but after his dad, his name was Ty so we named his pup Ty Junior. He is a whole lot of wolf and not alot of dog. But a very loving and kind dog. Loyal too.

I am buying a bulldog next fall. Always wanted one, even though the little buggers cost an arm and a leg..

yeah I love my baby......I don't know what I would do without her.......I really want another one but don't want to make her feel left out or anything

Nothing wrong with a small dog, I'm sure she fits in the jeep well. My Doberman is too tall and lanky to make a good jeep dog, can't keep his balance on the trail. Other than that he's great, he's smart and protective of the house or any vehicle he's in. He's a docile house dog that is great with our 3yo daughter.

I'm partial to the red Dobermans.

4 cats: Turbo Kitty, Xena (also known as Tail because when she was a kitten she had a HUGE tail), Pong Ping, and Punkin. Love'em like they were my kids!!

Pets that I can lay claim to are my Uromastyx (picture something with the head of a tortoise, a round plump 6 inch long body, and a tail covered with spines like a cactus, adding about another 3 inches. He is a lizard, desert dwelling, he eats Romaine lettuce, and his name is Elwyn. He will creep out of his cave and look at me when I walk into the room, and when he is hungry, he will stand indignantly on his food plate to let me know... I also have 2 cats over at my parent's house. Alexander is a 4 year old orange tabby that I found at work and took home. Tribble is a purebred Ragdoll that I inherited from my Grandmother. He is about 6. The cats are both very large breed cats, not fat, just huge.

Now...

At my parent's house (I moved out about 6 months ago), we have 2 dogs, 5 cats, 1 parrot, 1 dove, 1 cockatiel, 1 rabbit, 1 sugar glider, 1 ball python, 1 leopard gecko, 1 tokay day gecko, 2 poison dart tree frogs, 7 aquariums, 3 tortoises, and an orchid mantis. Elwyn is the only creature that I took with me, but I live like 5 blocks over, so the cats are not far...

:lol: Great Thread! The good stuff in life!

I have a cat, six years old that I treasure. She's a mean agressive cat sometimes but she's mine good or bad. lol

She's a calico, my second in this lifetime. She is a torti, like spotted colors of red, white, black, brown. She is full of color and her name is skittles cuz like a bag of skittles, she has all that color. lol

She's kinda big? 17 lbs I think.

I had a dog, my ex has him now. Both pets were strays, + one more cat that he has now. Our dog is a rhodesian ridgehound mix. Real big, red colored and strong. Great Dog, too big for me though.

My mom just lost her old cate of 21 years this month. She was a white persion named Sassy, also kind of agressive. Much loved and much missed already.

Lady

We have a dog that my wife and I got for our oldest son Taylor when he was 2 yrs old (now 8). We let him name her, and he was dead set on the name "Bob". He settled for "Bobbi".

She's half Siberian Husky and Half Chow-Chow. She is the most docile pet around our children, being passive to ear tugs and tail pulls, but let a wascally wabbit or a stranger come 'round and she's Cujo Jr. :wink:
bobbi2-2.jpg

Mutt-2.jpg

I have a mixed breed named Buffy. I got her from my X's brother when he got a new dog and kicked her to the curb. She is the best most loyal dog I have had. Her only problem is she sheds so I have to keep her shaved so my wife's alergies don't act up. She is one of those small white puff ball dogs mixed with something with brown spots.

In Our ZOO we have 2 "dawgs", Keanu and D.O.G. (deeoogee), They are half Lab and half Alaskan Malamute and weight about 120# each. 3 Cats, Fatty, Weenie and Pooty...which got his name honestly! :mrgreen: 3 Birds and a Fish! Wife worked at a Vet and was always bringing something home.......

At least the snake is gone........

PS. If anyone wants to donate to the "Boys" food bill please do!

We've got three cats and a dog. This is one of my favorite subjects. The cats are Rugby, Sammy, and Tucker and the Dog is a female beagle named Bailey. I'd beat you to the ground if you even had thoughts of hurting one of my babies. Rugby is an american shorthair with tuxedo markings, Sammy is half angora with long gray hair, and Tucker is a british shorthair with mingled tabby markings. Bailey was a stray we found running down the side of the road. 23 ticks.....19 of them in the ears, a tumor on her chest, and eat up with worms. We basically took her home so she would have a warm place to spend what we thought would be her last few days. Over three years later now, she looks like she has gotten younger!

As soon as I win that lottery :roll: I'm opening up a HUGE animal rescue. I want to get a bumper sticker made that says "I abuse people who abuse animals"

Ok here is the king around my house! His name is Chief Slug Keplinger "slug is short for Short Little Ugly Guy" the femal is Lacy and the 7 new born pups are my grand puppies! And for the matter of small dogs I also have the Queen of our house and one of the loves of my life Lucy Baby the 8 lb. Mauzer that looks much like your baby there Mingez. Will post pics of her a bit later! Mauzer is one part miniture Schnauzer and half Maltese a good mixture for a mistake. She eats pears daily form the back yard pear tree. Funny as can be to see this little pouch eat a pear as big as her head right down to the stem and seeds. She loves em! tug Oh yea we have an all black tom cat Diablo and a Manx by the name of CJ cause she is the real 4X4 cat. Go anywhere do anything and bit you in the middle of a good purrrr!

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

It's soo funny...you sure learn a lot about people by how they feel about their animals. They are people in my book.

Lady, your cat is bigger than my dog! :lol:
TC, cute dog! I had a shepard mix, great dog.
Junk, I feel the same way. If anyone hurts my baby, I'd kill em. She's family.
Tug, those are some handsome dogs there!!! Cute too.
Saurian, is your screen name related to your hobby of Reptiles? Uromastyx:
lpmcfad-2.jpg

I hear some people say things like: "I don't like animals." I'm thinking: "Then obviously you are a lunatic."

Ok... It is kind of in a way, since I have a fondness for all things cold-blooded and scaly. I also just like the word saur... Makes me think of like a giant lizard laying on his back so I can scratch it's belly, don't know why. My full name on most things is SaurianEntity, came up with that one when I had to make my AOL screenname back in the day.

Good uromastyx pic... My Elwyn is a Nigerian Uromastyx, very different in coloration and size... Most uromastyx get prety large, Elwyn stays small all his life... Elwyn's colour is unique; he's a bright orange, and he turns almost a flourescent yellow when he is really warm and happy. My cam sucks, and does no justice to his color, but here are some pics I just took of him on my desk.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

The mudfolks have 2 dogs, Shadow and Buddy. Shadow's a purebred (or so I was told) black Cocker that my son rescued from the Humane Society about 4 years ago. He's got cataracts and only has about 10% vision, but he does quite well. Buddy's a blondish mutt with a lot of Cocker in him that Mrs. Mud rescued years ago after someone dropped him off on the Blue Ridge Parkway up by the Pisgah Inn. He's a very cool dog, loves to watch TV (especially the animal planet and "chick flicks"). I was thinking of renaming them "Smith" and "Wesson" since they are our home protection. :)

I had a Cocker Spaniel named "Doobie". Yeah I know haha it was college years.. maybe that's why I didn't graduate :roll:
He was like a little person. He had sooo much personality it was unbelievable. Great dog.

I've also had a golden retriever "Casie", a Mini Schnauzer "January", a mutt "Shadow" (Casie's shadow 'cause she followed her everywhere), and a beagle named Sheridan.

My favorite has to be our current mutt, Bobbie. Tough call between Doobie and Casie for a close second.

Never had a cat, they're cool, but it's a sneeze thing - I'm sure some of you understand.

Back