Legal areas question.

We here in Colorado
staythetrail_small-1.gif
If its not a marked trail avoid it!! Use marked and posted trails Only !!!
and respect the trails we do have in all states ,We loose more trails due to people who abuse our trails, don't wander off a trail making new ones enjoy what you have , so please tread lightly respecting our trails pick up after yourself s if you stop and have lunch and have fun, if you see a fellow 4 wheeler abusing a trail tell them in a friendly manor and if the just blow you off take their plate # and report to the local authority. I know there's a archive here somewhere I will search .but just so you all know we loose a average of 200 trails a year due to people abusing them .This is a fact
See you all out on the trails
jeepsmiliegrin-1.gif

Last edited:

54cj3b said:
We here in Colorado If its not a marked trail avoid it!!
and respect the trails we do have in all states ,We loose more trails due to people who abuse our trails so please tread lightly pick up after yourselfs and have fun

Amen brother

Those on here, including me, that mention staying in marked offroad areas aren't trying to preach or be condescending, only trying to educate and spread the word. Keep on Jeeping.

It all boils down to RESPECT! How would you like it,you bust your butt,working all the overtime you can,go to classes at night to better yourselfand make more money so you can buy that piece of land. You finally reach your goal and some one ,just for their own few minutes of pleasure.tears up your property with there off road vechicle. like HEY YA ALL ,have a little consideration .
Hey, I used to be an outlaw, A hole is the more approiate phrase. One day my grandmother said to me,"you need to establish a code of conduct for yourself" I'll never forget that,and I did as she said,I do my best to tresspass on no one,and treat others like I would like to be treated.

I'm all for respecting tge owner but by driving in the ditches between the road and field.. I dont think we are disturbing anything

I'm all for respecting tge owner but by driving in the ditches between the road and field.. I dont think we are disturbing anything
Wouldn't fly in this State, the ditches are part of the roadway and any damage is a Class A Misdemeanor. Surely there are offroad parks in your area to get your offroading fix so you don't have to blaze through ditches along roadways.

There is but we have alot of dirt roads along the river that have ditches that gets nasty

There is only rednecks with big for wheel drives... I usually only use my for wheel when I'm driving along the river to one of my spots

If your not sure if its a legal trail call the forestry service ,or your local police dept , Fire lanes are not off road trails

I dont wheel much due to my xj being broke but when I do I just hug the river... Never had a complaint and I usually run into land owners they just ask that I do not get on their fields... Sometimes they allow me to use their tractor trails to get to the river... Most of the land along tge river is core land anyways

Traveling in a water way that is not perfectly perpendicular to the opposing shore is a Huge NO NO. I believe it is a federal mandate under the EPA fresh water act.

Tell us where you live, I am sure there is an oganized offroad club that is a responsilbe club that can take you where you want to go. The local clubs really are the bread and butter of promoting responsible wheeling and responsible recreating.

It's not like I go wheeling in the river... Just trails along the river to fishing spots... They were roads at one point and time... I stay on the trails like I'm supposed to

Wow man...I bet that when you decided to ask this question you had no idea how much of an uproar it would cause. Lol...

What I think most people are having a really hard time understanding is that you already know not to drive on peoples property, not to drive IN a freakin river, and not to destroy ditches along a highway. You were just asking about neat little areas that have most likely been used by other people already right? We have TONS of those around here. I would say as long as your not going to wreak havoc upon anything and vandalize with your jeep, then yeah. Probably not a big deal.

Exactly. For instance I saw a bunch of trucks in a big field with some ditches in it today so I went for a little drive, spun around a few times and left, I come back and people were doing burnouts and putting huge ruts in the land, you just can't be stupid.

Back