What is the best state to live in for offroading?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
So what state do you guys think is the best one to live in for offroading? Colorado, Utah, Alaska, etc?

it would have to be one with all the different types of terrain. desert trails, mountain trails, woodlands, rocky areas

In Virginia we've got plenty of good terrain, you're just not allowed to drive on any of it.

I imagine it would be somewhere like Utah, or Colorado, where you're allowed more access to public lands than we get on the east coast.

Arkansas has its advantages and disadvantages of living here but the offroading is great! Got the mountains, got sand, mud, rocks, the National forest service here has trails all over public lands for horses, OHV's (off highway vehicles), Lots of streams and creeks.
Arkansas deems itself as the Natural state so they want people to enjoy it.

PA doesnt allow any use of state land for any motor vehicle.So PA is not good for off roading unless you have a lot of land or live close to off road park where you pay to play.

I love the terrain I ride. I live in OH, but mostly ride KY. We hit the mountains and cover creek beds, rock climbing, mud pits, slippery hills, river crossing... many natural obstacles and skill-improving challenges all in one ride.

Good times.

Thats a hard one Terry, I have never done "mudding" like the folks down south have, but as for true desert running to rock crawling, then high mountain trail running to snow fests....Utah. But since moving back to AZ I have found that true desert running I have been used to is nothing like the kids here do, and for rock crawling, the kids in this state do things and have the rigs set up that makes mine look like grandma's grocery getter. I am in the process of doing a complete make over to my little rig just to keep up!

i know south texas has nothing interesting except rusting on the beach and ruining all the bearings in mud. northern and central texas have places though

gimme dat floridian mud :) thats about all we got, swamps

i bet thats a nice place to off road.

when i went tdy to arizona, it looked like a sweet place for off roading. so did kentucky. i guess anywhere that isn;t only mud and sand looks good to me, ha ha ha. arizona really was amazing for cool looking places to go though

Not Maryland took our last pay to play spot away to perserve land. Now you have to risk fines and losing your ride to have fun.

stumblnyj said:
No I don't it was going to be a trip to WV to visit friends and a day trip to Greenridge State Park for some wheeling.

Hagerstown is where my jeep is right now. I'm in dc. Very sad.

i don;t know, i just thought it was pretty when i went tdy to kansas city and fort leavenworth so i figured it would be a nice place to 4x4. i don;t actually know if you can do it there.

Back