'03Whistling jeep and '94 FIXED FINALLY

wadesbrain

Front Differential Problem

Hey Guys here is one for ya.

a friend has an '03 tj with a six. she says on cold days when you start it, it whistles for about 10 seconds. the dealer (as usual) has no ideas. Anyone here have an idea?

On a second note: My 94 yj 4 banger spent most of the winter in the driveway. It wasnt starting when cold. Then on warm days it wouldnt start. It would crank and I would smell gas but no light-off. Or if it did start it would run for a bit then quit without even sputtering, as if I were turning it off. I started down the road of changing things which gets pricy. I changed the crankshaft position sensor, plugs wires cap rotor map sensor and all that stuff, nothing showed up on as a fault on the computer so i was stumped. I wanted to see if there were any obvious signs with the computer so I pulled out the washer fluid resivoir and unhooked the computer and the two junction boxes above it from the firewall. Nothing looked obvious except the epoxy that the computer is packed in was a little old and cracked. I put them back and tightened the connections and went to start it again. It started right up with no hesitation and runs great. I hate electrical issues. So far its running well. It gets fustrating but I like learning more about the jeep even the weird quirky stuff. Everyone should write in about the weird stuff and majic fixes they found. It may help solve some mysteries.

Back