4 inch shackle lift

zatog

Hey i was wondering about doing a 4 inch shackle lift kit for my jeep. I was told that it was a cheap lift and that it was pretty efficient.

I have a 95 yj 2.5 running your same size tires with a 4 inch shackle lift over 4 years now.
It rides a little rougher than stock but I have not had any problems with driveshaft vibration etc..even at 65mph

is this a 4" long shackle or a 4" shackle lift?

a 4" long shackle will yield about a .5" lift over stock, I believe the stock yj shackle is 3" long.

a 4" lift shackle would measure about 8 inches long and is not at all ideal, it will drastically change your spring angle and the shackle angle. also suspensions with very long shackles are prone to bending springs and as mentioned harsh rides.

I have 2 inch shackles on the cj and thought they were huge
0053-1.jpg

rather than going with a 4 inch shackle I'd prob go with something like this 2.5 inch kit and it would cost about the same as the shackles and you also get shocks That s a plus
this kit you can find at quadratec
also anything over 2 inch needs a drop pit man arm New shocks ect so after adding everything it prob cost as much as just buying a real lift
27440lg-1.jpg

4" of lift on shackles alone is crazy; sorry if I am bursting your bubble, but I would never recommend shackles longer than 1" over stock (which means 0.5" of lift) just as I would not recommend more than 1" of BL...

Hey Zatog,I stand corrected and will humble myself.after review I measured my shackles(they were done when jeep was purchased).I have shackles that are measured at 6-1/2 inches center of pin to center of pin.
If stock are 3 inches then as I now understand it my lift would be about 3-1/2?
It does ride stiff but I have Rancho 9000 shocks on as well and I am not sure if my springs are stock

the actual net lift of a shackle is about 60% of the overall shackle length, so a shackle that is 3 inches longer than stock will yield approximately 1.5-1.6 inches of lift over stock.

the actual net lift of a shackle is about 60% of the overall shackle length, so a shackle that is 3 inches longer than stock will yield approximately 1.5-1.6 inches of lift over stock.

This is true...

I believe the stock shackles are 4" hole to hole and lift shackles net 1/2 the difference in shackle length in lift.

I'd avoid longer shackles and look at a full-length add-a-leaf and TJ fender flares if you're looking for more tire clearance. There are a few 4" lift kits at a decent price that come with replacement leaf packs.

Ok that makes sense i was just wondering thats...thanks for the info i will just buy a suspension lift kit.

Suspension lift is the right way to do it! If your looking to get some lift with a tight budget ( not serious off roader) then shackle and add a leaf does the trick. Good luck.

Back