87 wrangler 4.2 with 33s

Likely 3.07 gears if you have the 5spd.

You will need a lot of lift and/or added tire clearance to fit 36" tires, and the life span of your stock axles will be very short. It will be a dog on the road and trail, too much tire for stock axle gearing.

I have 2 in body and 3 in sysoention I think they might of changed gears I can turn the 33s over like its nothing but not sure

did you purchase the jeep as is? previous owner may have swapped gears, so that tag would not yield the correct answer. at 60 mph in 5th gear, what are your rpms?

Strickly assuming this is a street driven vehicle only your 87 most likely has the peugot (sp) transmission, very weak, the added stress of 36" tires will not help prolong it's life.

with the lift you say you have, you can fit a 36" tire, but you will have to do a lot of trimming. I run 3" of spring lift and fit 36" tires, but I have taken a significant amount of metal out of the body.

Im al like 23000. Rpm. And also I bought it as is so not sure do u have any recomedations on a standard transmission that's stronger

2300 rpms at 60 with 33's, sounds like 3.54's from an auto were swapped in. 3.07 would be more around 1900-2100

Its that a decent ratio to run im going to get a hevey duty clutch and put a reverses synkranizer in transmission

I personally wouldn't bother with the syncro, you can get an AX15 from a later YJ and swap that in. (I would perform a basic bench rebuild on it prior to installing) it is a far better transmission and SHOULD be a direct swap. I think they are both dimentionally the same and the spline counts should both be 23.

Back