Deployment

klkb

Hey all...

If you would, please send up a prayer or some good thoughts for my stepson and his Force Recon unit. They were deployed today for about seven months. He's an amazing leader and a damn fine Marine, and I know he'll serve our country with honor. My husband is all a mess, but I managed to remind him that Jake came back from Iraq in one piece (plus some shrapnel) and he'll come back in one piece again. His wife is handling it well so far, and his two sons are too young to understand yet. They will soon enough.

Thanks!

Tell him good luck and Thank you for serving!

Maybe this time he can bring home a better souvenir than shrapnel.

Hey all...

If you would, please send up a prayer or some good thoughts for my stepson and his Force Recon unit. They were deployed today for about seven months. He's an amazing leader and a damn fine Marine, and I know he'll serve our country with honor. My husband is all a mess, but I managed to remind him that Jake came back from Iraq in one piece (plus some shrapnel) and he'll come back in one piece again. His wife is handling it well so far, and his two sons are too young to understand yet. They will soon enough.

Thanks!

The men and women of our armed services are always in my prayers and should be on everybody else's. They are our country's finest, bar none. They sacrifice so much for almost no financial gain. As someone that has been in that part of the world, I know what he is going to deal with but he will be OK. He will be a bigger man when he gets back. He and his family wil be in my prayers until I hear from you that he got back home safe. Please keep us posted. I am a navy man my self but everyone respects all branches of our military.
God Bless.

All in our thoughts, you tell your stepson we thank him for everything.

god bless him for what he does, theres not many of us that could be in a marine force recon team, he is a hero for what he does for our country.

Yup, those dudes are badass. When I went to airborne school, a force recon unit went through with our company and were part of my stick. All I can say is holy cow!!! Those dudes never stopped or even gave a hint that they had a bit of fear about anything.

All those SF guys are the best of the best. He'll be ok because god watches out for them especially

superj said:
Yup, those dudes are badass. When I went to airborne school, a force recon unit went through with our company and were part of my stick. All I can say is holy cow!!! Those dudes never stopped or even gave a hint that they had a bit of fear about anything.

All those SF guys are the best of the best. He'll be ok because god watches out for them especially

To see him with his family you'd never know he is as badass as he is. He's not the guy who needs to talk about his experience. He's humble and present in every moment. Just a great guy.

klkb said:
Hey all...

Thanks!

Semper Fi to your boy.

image-4276139191.jpg

It's because of Marines and service members like him, we get to enjoy the freedoms we have in this beautiful country. My prayers ate with him, his unit and everyone in harms way.

To see him with his family you'd never know he is as badass as he is. He's not the guy who needs to talk about his experience. He's humble and present in every moment. Just a great guy.

everyone of those guys i have ever known, personally, was like that. another reason why they are the best

:D
everyone of those guys i have ever known, personally, was like that. another reason why they are the best

Trained not to talk much about what you do. Just do your job well, move on to the next one. When someone asks if I am a vet, all that I say is US Navy... Enough said.
Marine Recons are some of the best. Anyone tha ever meet one has meet a special person. Mam, I want to thank you and your husband for giving us a special person. God Bless him, you, his wife and his children if he has any. Above all, God Bless our service men and women nd our Country. Didn't mean to get religious or political here but couldn't help it. If I offended anyone, please accept my apologies.

"God bless America ,and our personal serveing our country." If ya dont like that,sorry about your luck.

My prayers are with you, your Marine, and his family. God Bless our country and all who serve.

Prayer sent, I could only imagine how you and your husband feel. I've got 3 younguns, 7, 15 and 19. I worry about them all. My 19yr old just got a motorcycle. My 15yr old just got her learners permit and my 7yr old is just growing too darn fast. Maybe we're seeing what our parents went through. Good luck and tell him we appreciate his service for our country. You and your husband hang in there.

bugleboy said:
time for a good old "if you cant stand behind our troops feel free to stand infront of my jeep" decal

I second that.

Much love and respect to those who serve and to the families who wait for them to return home.

Thanks, everyone. We heard from him when he reached his destination, and thank God for modern technology. While we might not always be able to Skype or talk on the phone, it's a whole lot more than those who served our country had in years long gone.

Back