desirable motor for yj.

They did make a 6 cyl model . And I believe fuel injection started around 90....I personally have the 4 cyl and love it

The 4.0L six cylinder is fuel injected and available in the YJ from '91-'95. The 2.5L four cylinder was available in the YJ from '87-'95, was always fuel injected but power was increased when switching from TBI to MPFI in '91.

The 4.0L is a reliable powerhouse but don't discount the '91+ 2.5L, it's a fun engine in a small easy to maintain package.

The 4.0L six cylinder is fuel injected and available in the YJ from '91-'95. The 2.5L four cylinder was available in the YJ from '87-'95, was always fuel injected but power was increased when switching from TBI to MPFI in '91.

The 4.0L is a reliable powerhouse but don't discount the '91+ 2.5L, it's a fun engine in a small easy to maintain package.

thanks hunter. wasn't there a 4.2 somewhere in there as well?

both are great motors but the 4.2 is carb'd, which makes it hard for some people since carb's are old school.

gas mileage is waaaaayy better on the fuel injected 4.0 also

but which one do YOU want in a 4x4, hp or torque?

i know which one i want, thats why i like the bmw m20b27 inline 6. it makes torque from idle and redlines at 4500. and its not a diesel

Back