diesel swap

warpedredneck

has anyone on here attempted the volks diesel swap?
just wondering how it worked out.
theres a couple of yj's for cheap up here and i got to thinking.............
god it hurts when i think!

There are cummins b series engines with swap kits out there. You'd definitely get better torque than the Volkswagen's engine. Volkswagen engines have timing belt issues, and carbon deposit issues in the egr/intake manifold which cause you to replace components every 15k. HTH
Guysmiley

you dont think the b series would be to heavy?
i dont know specs for sure but i thought the b would be harder on the frt end. brakes,hubs,ball joints etc

Some specs

The 3.9L/4B Cummins is an excellent high-torque, low-rpm engine in the same family as the 5.9L Cummins turbodiesels. The 3.9L/4B is an inline four-cylinder turbodiesel that was popular for many step van applications including bread vans and other commercial vehicles. This engine is also used in various industrial and construction applications. With a cylinder bore of 4.02 inches and a piston troke of 4.72 inches, the engine had a wet weight of 745 pounds. In recent years it produced 130hp and 355 lb-ft of torque.

B4.5

The B4.5S is a straight-4 version of the B Series used in agricultural environments. It produces 80–127 hp (60–95 kW). The B4.5 is structurally similar to the six-cylinder B6.7 with both sharing a 104 mm (4.1 in) bore and 132 mm (5.2 in) stroke.

B6.7

The B6.7S is the latest version of the B Series. It produces 350 hp (261 kW) and 650 ft·lbf (881 N·m) in the 2007.5 Dodge 2500/3500 pickup trucks and 305 hp (227 kW) and 610 ft·lbf (827 N·m) in the 2007 3500 Chassis Cab. The B6.7 is structurally similar to the four-cylinder B4.5 with both sharing a 104 mm (4.1 in) bore and 132 mm (5.2 in) stroke.

There are many changes over the previous B5.9 for the Dodge truck, the most obvious being the larger displacement. The new engine also includes a cooled EGR system, variable geometry turbocharger, and a new higher-pressure version of the Bosch direct-injection fuel system.

The Dodge trucks' B6.7 competes head to head with V8 engines offered by General Motors and Ford Motor Company, the Duramax and 6.4 L Power Stroke, respectively. All three engines have nearly identical power and torque output specifications and will be released within six months of each other. HTH
Guysmiley

holy !!
745lbs? no doubt it would be an awesome candidate
i dont think the front end of my chev would take the wieght let alone my little yeep!

Extreme4x4 show just did a swap putting the VW diesel into a Sami project.

Search 4bt jeep swaps as there have been quite a few. There's a screamin MJ with a 4BT if you search YouTube.

Back