Finally got my Jeep home!

Joey-T

She's finally here! I borrowed some wheels/tires to tow it home, and the beauty of it is that we towed it with my neighbor's CJ-7.

My father still has the title (I haven't picked it up yet), so I used one of the VIN decoders online to find out some info...

It's a 1977 CJ-5 with the 304 2bbl, T-150 transmission with the Dana 20 transfer case. The decoder didn't provide any info on the axles, so I'll have to learn that as I go (I'm still a Jeep newbie). It does have fenderwell headers with glass packs and lift shackles.

If I remember correctly, dad said there was something wrong with the transmission OR the transfer case, but visually I can't see anything. I guess I'll find out when I find a distributor to put in it.

Theives have taken the rims and tires, the battery, the distributor and the steering wheel. I have the steering wheel and the battery taken care of so far. It may take me a while to get pictures, but as soon as I can, I'll share some!

Man, I'm so excited!

Congradulations!! Glad to hear you were able to get it home all right, and hope you can get everything else squared away so you'll be able to drive it!!

Welcome to the site...By the way!

More good news... turns out that the transmission and transfer case ARE NOT broken! It was a case of my dad calling parts by the wrong name again... what is really broken is the front driveshaft. Alot better than having to mess with the transmission or transfer, if you ask me!

Welcome JT - have exactly the same thing in our shop - factory red to be exact - front end is the Dana 30, Rear is the AMC 20 w/ 3.54:1 limited slip - wana run it?? haha!

cant wait to see some picture of you driver her down a trail...Welcome to the jeep world...we are the ones with nices jeeps and no money in our pockets LOL!

Back