I'm having T-case Problems Help !!!!!!!!!

TwistedTJ

I just got a new T-case and sye in november and the shop says they put in the t case drain plug but when I was under my jeep it wasnt in I called them and told them about it and they said someone i know did it .......

well I filled it up last week and went to try wheelin and test my new winch I installed and it will go in 4wd but it will make popping noises while fully engauged when i give it gas so I left then I went into parking lot tried it . Iit was fine go back to the trial and it did it again.......... but last friday it was fine no noises or anything

Do you think my T-case is toast or will I be able to save it ?

cause I dont have another 1-2 grand for a new one again the last one put me 2 months behind on all my bills

Should I take it to the shop and make them fix it for free since it was their mistake cause they forgot to put on my lugnutrs before when there put on my 33's so in my book their known for doin stupid stuff

LAWSUIT LAWSUIT LAWSUIT, that is a lot of money just to throw away. Check it out over the next few days and see what it does. Hopefully it will "self fix"

FREE FOOD

If I sue them I'm taking the buisness ..............

3 things I'll Do

1. Fire every employee and get ase cert. mechanics that specalise in Jeep ford chevy and dodge

2. put up a 10ft tall iron fence and have 3 gaurd dogs

3. make the prices reasonable

You got ripped off, not surprising since they were dumb enough to mess up lug nuts. The popping is the transfer case chain slipping on the sprockets. Something is worn out, and they should make it good.
Maybe you should post this shop and location so another jeeper doesn't make the same mistake.

Dont know about your legal battles but I've got a 1999 231 TJ transfer case with 45K miles on it for $300 plus shipping. It is stock with the slip yoke still on it. Nothing wrong with it, I wanted to go to 4.1 and needed a SLE so I bought a 241OR from a rubicon and took it out last month.

bandrscen@aol.com

Yep sounds like she's shot.
Do you have a front CV shaft? They are known to pop under torque if they are worn out. I don't think they came in TJ's but my old Cherokee had one. Sounded like popcorn when in low range.

Roundeye has gone square. (( XJ inside))

This is TwistedTJ im posting from Christians house I have front and rear tom woods shafts installed when the t-caase was installed in nov.

i recall my transfercase popping when my mount was loose/un-nutted... the threads on the mounting bolt would grind on the skidplate and make a popping noise

Back