Input please

amuddyzj

Hey guys and gals, So I'm about to graduate from High school in 4 weeks and I'm thinking of some things to get before I go to college. I currently live in Northern VA (it sucks here...) and I'm going to college at Michigan Tech up in Houghton, MI (over 1000 miles away from home). So... what are some things that a relatively new jeeper (96 ZJ pretty much stock other than an exhaust and new cat.) should invest in. I'd love to get a lift and tires cause the offroading is freakin amazing up there, but gas on a college budget with new rising prices doesnt look fun.. but will a 3-4 in. lift with 32's really make me suffer more? I get about 16 around town.... I don't really want to get rid of the jeep but gas wise, it seems like a good idea. Is the diesel swap into an older jeep a good idea? what do you guys think. I'm already on a small budget but workin over the summer will help. Or should i just keep it the way it is and do other stuff... Any input would be great. Thanks guys,

Devin-amuddyzj

If you are going to Michigan, the first thing I would do is undercoat the heck out of it.

I would keep it stock for now...at least until the millions start rolling in from the post college education job...haha!

By the time you put a lot of money into trying to get better gas mileage with swaps and add-ons you could be using that money having fun with the ZJ as it is.

You should be studying in college anyway...:)

Good Luck BTW!

Larry

Back