New alternator

h.chrisp5

Okay so my end goal is to have a bunch of lights and all new speaker system put in my jeep. theres no way the stock alternator can handle all that; i was wondering if you guys/gals could give me a couple of options for good alternators at a decent price?

Okay so my end goal is to have a bunch of lights and all new speaker system put in my jeep. theres no way the stock alternator can handle all that; i was wondering if you guys/gals could give me a couple of options for good alternators at a decent price?

What year and model jeep?

Bunch of lights? Exactly how many and what wattage? Speakers do not draw more current but a new head unit and or a amp will.

To give you a real answer we need details.

I have an 05 wrangler and im planning on putting: a 55in LED bar, all led running/break lights, 2 square LED pods, 20in LED bar, possibly a winch, new head unit and 1600 watt amp, and i plan on installing a second battery.

I have an 05 wrangler and im planning on putting: a 55in LED bar, all led running/break lights, 2 square LED pods, 20in LED bar, possibly a winch, new head unit and 1600 watt amp, and i plan on installing a second battery.
Stock Battery and alternator

117a alternator
Batt. ca575A cca 675A
The LED bars 55in watts =?
20in watts =?
Back up lights = 55watts??
Head unit watts=?
Amp=1600w peak ~900wrms= 75 A

Type jot watt winch?

I have no clue on the exact wattage of all those things i was just looking for a ball park estimate on what kind of alternator i should get

There is a 164a alternator that will fit, it's found on some Dodge trucks and vans. Just change the pulley to your stock pulley and reuse the plastic boot on the back. Cheap upgrade. Otherwise you'll be looking at an expensive aftermarket alternator.

Back