new with a 73 cj5 V8

or you can go to the advanced setting thats on your bottom right click it , than scroll down till you come to this box
n-1.jpg

click upload pictures you will see this click brows and add your picts this way
c1-1.jpg

you can always go hydraulic solve all your issues
or modify the clutch bell crank arms (this is the arm that comes off eng and mounts to frame)and extend linkage to transmission

well im pulling the body lift off tomorrow and then going to see how it is and when i get money again i will get a hydraulic clutch set up

pulled the body lift off only took 2 hours haha but now i think my clutch arm is to long from the pedal to the linkage. there r 2 holes on the pedal and the hole it should be in i have about 4 to 5 in to long and move it to the other hole and 3in to long but thinking it may be the other linkage adjusted to far also but ya

Hello,

First of all! your jeep stylr was made for more than two years... 1972-1975 are called intermediate! the nose was lengthened to fit the I6 and 304 V8.. I have had one of these and it was a really good rig..
You have a T15 3 speed, Dana 20 transfer, Dana 30 front and a D44 rear with 3:73 gears factory..
These engines are bullet proof and do very well offroad. Hopefully you still have the MC2100 carb on it.. if not! you should find one for it.. mine would run upside down....
33's are about as big as you are going to want on those axles and brakes.. or convert to disc fronts and power brakes!
ENgine wise I put a HEI on mine and it made a huge difference in its attitude. Best 100 bucks you can spend!

hi stumpbumper well the axles dont have the same gears the front keeps losing the front drive line and the transfer is a dana 300 and i already have that brake set up

Well someone has done some swapping in your rig then!!
I bet you then do not have the original Jeep 3 speed!
is the front of the transfercase round to the transmission or does it have the "texas" bolt pattern shape..
A d300 "texas" bolt pattern transfercase was built for only two years! and it was only installed in Scouts.. with square headlights!
If you have one of these transfercases! its worth as much as 1500.00 on the open market! Highly wanted setup!
Running gear for you rig is real easy to swap.. and you can find it readily available in California..

Those are extremely rare! The stock trany will have the "texas" bolt pattern but is there a adapter between the trany and transfer?
The D300 texas will not have any round part on its input and the casting will be cast directly into the Texas patern!
I have only ever found a couple of these! If I ever get my hands on one I think I would chrome it and set it on my coffee table to look at every day!

but i think i figured out my hole clutch deal. the tabs r off on the linkage so i have to try and fix it or buy a new one

how much movement should be at the fork with everything adjusted right cause i only have 1in and it stops and wont move anymore

Back