optima red tops

BostonJeep

I am buying an Optima Redtop for my 95 2.5L.

I've been looking around on the web and have found a bunch of sites that sell them, but none of them look very trustworthy. I don't like the idea of buying a car battery on ebay, but was wondering if anyone had bought one from any other sites, if so, i'd greatly appreciate the link. TIA

Pay a little more and buy it at home! You will support your local store and when it does not hold up they can support you with a new one. tug

Pay a little more and buy it at home! You will support your local store and when it does not hold up they can support you with a new one. tug

this the best advice ive heard on here in a long time... support your local parts store!!!

I agree, Advanced Auto Parts and Auto Zone sell them. Probably cheaper when you figure in shipping. Have you checked locally?

Lady

ah i live in the city, pretty sketchy neighborhood at that. i dont have any loyalty to a local corner parts store. The ones that are close, are ridiculously expensive, and run by people who are idiots.

im looking to get the cheapest red top optima, from a reliable online parts store.

Well if you find one cheap and online Dave let me know. LOL I need one too for an upcoming mod. Good luck man!

Lady

I chose to support the local guy.
And It paied off already, Last year I bought a Interstate 1000cca.
A few weeks later a winch lead melted and grounded to the frame.
I brought the battery back to have it tested.
He handed me another right off the shelf.

If your going with the online deal, goodluck.
Its easy to erase e-mails. Its Not easy to stop someone from comming to your store everyday...
No car audio shops near you ? I used to have a SVR Audio Series, Lasted 6 years under heavy use.

Dave, I will take you to a shop that you can get the battery from. I bought mine from then, Pretty good price and stand behind their products!

It looks like everyone here recomends a local store, but last year I purchased my Optima redtop battery off ebay. I found a brand new battery that had a manufacturing label deffects. The label on it was blurred so the battery discounted. beside the label defect (who cares) the battery has never let me down. I got it for like 80 bucks after shipping, but it dies or blowes up, I cant return it anywere. Hope it lasts.

BostonJeep said:
ah i live in the city, pretty sketchy neighborhood at that. i dont have any loyalty to a local corner parts store. The ones that are close, are ridiculously expensive, and run by people who are idiots.

im looking to get the cheapest red top optima, from a reliable online parts store.

I would move hehehehe tug :wink:

boston- true the bars in beantown do rule...ooh very true :)
I just bought mine at pep-boys in salem nh (no tax!!!) cheaper than quadratec.

Back