Painting wheels...

I used A-Z fab, got a great deal on them off pirate. I like the wideth, comes in a little less than 8 3/4" from the inner ring to the inner bead. I had the rims, and they were free, if I could do it again, with a Q, I would have done it to a 7" wide wheel, I think I would have been able to retain a bit more ground clearence when at low psi with a little narrower rim. This will probably be the last season for these wheels and tires. going to 40" ltb's on 17" PSC wheels.

One thing that absolutly stinks about diy bead locks, driving on the street is horrible. If you daily drive the vehicle, the tires will never balance, I have 12-14 OZ of air soft BeBe's in each tire and once I hit 40 MPH, it is the worse shake in the world. I can physically see the tire shake while driving cause you can never get the tire to sit in the ring centered 100% and they also leak air. If I keep them at trail pressure, I will loose the air over about a month if I don't drive it from the tire and rim settling. I re-torque the bolts maybe 4 times a year, but it doesn't help. But again, my jeep is not registered and is trailered to trails, the only street driving is from the parking area to the trail head which is never more than a couple miles, so I just deal..

Like I mentioned, my next wheels I will spring the extra money for something with a machined inner bead so that they will be a bit more bearable to drive and hopefully hold the air better.

Hmm, that may keep me from installing my DIY beadlock rims. I drive it on almost a daily basis, and enjoy the fact it'll cruise at 70mph to the trails.

Mine were a POR special also, from RuffStuff I believe. They're already welded, just waiting to install. I was worried about balance. I run dynabeads now with the Chevy Rally wheels.

Back