stock parts on a shackle lift

Jeeper89

i have seen shackle lifts of all sorts of sizes and for x-mas i am getting 31x10.50's for my jeep.i do some off roading.so i was planning on getting a shackle lift(due to low budget still a high school student).

1" lift-can i still keep same driveline and not have to drop t-case?

1 1/4" lift-can i still keep same driveline and not have to drop t-case?

1 1/2" lift-can i still keep same driveline and not have to drop t-case?

1 3/4" lift-can i still keep same driveline and not have to drop t-case?

2" lift-can i still keep same driveline and not have to drop t-case?

thanks for all your help.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

sorry one more thing....does ne1 have ne pic's of like the before and after of a droped t-case.i dont want me and my friend screwing nething up.[addsig]

I put a 3" shackle lift believe it or not. I ran 32's on it, they were a little tight, but it got the job done. I did not have to drop the transfer case although it would have been better on the driveline. I would recommend doing it though, it is really easy. No need to buy a kit from somewhere, about 15 dollars at a hardware store. I should have a website up soon showing pictures of my transfer case drop. With the 3" shakle lift your Jeep will handle like its on stilts. I would only recommend that as a last resort if necessary depending how sof your springs are. Keep us posted on what you do...

-If anyone mocks 'Its a Jeep thing..' don't worry deep down inside they are jealous...-[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I put a 3" shackle lift believe it or not. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

So your shackles were 6" longer than stock?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Yup, i know, i know. no one suggests a larger than 2" lift, but thats what it needed to get the job done for the time being. They did hurt the approach/departure angles, but it was enough to make my Jeep stand higher than all the other "PJ's" (term coined by my friend Snitty to describe Jeeps that are not for off-road use- PJ= painsy jeep, pretty jeep, p%ssy Jeep ect...) But now with the SOA the enormous shackles are necessary.

-If you can't stand the roar from you soft top, buy an import...-[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>But now with the SOA the enormous shackles are necessary.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

WHY?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

its really not neccessary.... the shackles were brought back in a few inches... but it does help with rolling the pinions to a better angle..... i wouldn't really use the word "neccessary"... "practical" is a better word[addsig]

thanks i think i will go with a 1 1/2" lift with the shackles.i think that will give me plunty of room for the 31's[addsig]

I have 31's on stock... they squeeze in there... if i fill my air shocks all the way, they are ok... but when low, they rub on bumps.... 1.5 inches would be perfect[addsig]

I stand corrected, what i should have said was they 'aren't' necessary. (it was getting late on east-coast time!) I hope i didn't confuse anyone-

-The best thing about my Jeep is _______ (fill in the blank....)-[addsig]

Back