The OFFICIAL Random thread

i got a job today :d im an expediter at applebees :) however my cj has mixed feelings about it, its happy i will have money to spend on it, its not so thrilled about the parking sopt next to the dumpster :/ at least it gets to park next to a coworkers cherokee!

8) Great job!

I have to brag on my kid for a minute. Tryouts for boys' lacrosse were this week, Mon-Wed. My 15-y-o freshman has practiced lacrosse a lot, but hasn't played on a team yet. He wasn't able to make the first two days of tryouts due to a countywide mandatory concussion training session, but he had 90 minutes today to show his stuff. He made JV! :D I'm really excited for him!

that looks like a tough game. i have watched some on tv because they don;t play it here or on the west coast (at least not anywhere i have ever seen or heard it talked about) good job for him though, starting jv instead of frosh-soph

that looks like a tough game. i have watched some on tv because they don;t play it here or on the west coast (at least not anywhere i have ever seen or heard it talked about) good job for him though, starting jv instead of frosh-soph

It's just a slight difference with tryouts and teams. 9th and 10th graders try out together, as do juniors and seniors. Each team, Varsity and JV, has 25 players. Underclassmen can be cut, make the JV team or earn playing up to Varsity. Upperclassmen can only be cut or make the team - they won't be played down. Any way of looking at it, he got a spot with only 90 minutes during tryouts. He's a natural athlete, and I think with one good Spring season he might make Varsity in September. We'll see. I'm proud of him wherever he ends up. :)

It's just a slight difference with tryouts and teams. 9th and 10th graders try out together, as do juniors and seniors. Each team, Varsity and JV, has 25 players. Underclassmen can be cut, make the JV team or earn playing up to Varsity. Upperclassmen can only be cut or make the team - they won't be played down. Any way of looking at it, he got a spot with only 90 minutes during tryouts. He's a natural athlete, and I think with one good Spring season he might make Varsity in September. We'll see. I'm proud of him wherever he ends up. :)

In Cali, where I went to high school, we had frosh/soph, jv, and varsity. I ran track and cross country but I guess our jr high coach had been gallon to the high school coach because as soon as school started, my freshman year, coach started bugging me to run cross country for him. I ran one race frosh/soph and the therest of the years varsity so I know what you mean by a natural. That's great for him though because the college scouts start talking to you as a sophomore if you are in varsity and doing good. The Dartmouth guy talked to coach about me and a friend a few times and coach said he called and checked our grades and race times every couple of meets and after the state finals

My son will have an issue with that. He'll eventually be good enough to play at the collegiate level, and he has high hopes for that helping him to get into a great school. I hated letting him know that they won't look twice at him with his grades the way they are.

I'm not even thinking free ride. I'm just considering getting him in. I might get him a few posters of his favorite pro, or a college lax team he likes. Something to remind him. He just came back from boarding school, so he's trying hard to readjust. He's almost got his girl back and he has really nice friends. That should help.

Don't get me wrong- financial support is important, but irrelevant if he can't even get into the school.

Speaking of wenches, I mean winches, just put synthetic line on my milemarker 9500 with aluminum fair lead. Looks nice.
Oh yeah Justin Beiber turned 18 today. I don't care but apparently it's news on abc.

are you freaking serious? thats what is on the news!!! stupid news stations, what about pedophiles moving your neighborhoods? we got a post card from the state saying one moved in on the street behind us. he has an affinity for 12 year old kids.

great, just what we freaking need. time to get a pistol

put 15$ in the "tank" today, at $3.80 a gal, gave me about 3.9 galons, how depressing

Back