The OFFICIAL Random thread

You can be my friend but that was long time ago when I was young and stupid.....LOL actually guys, 27-30 years ago these cars as well as the camaros, the mustangs, they were a dime a dozen. If one ever knew......... You couldn't get rid of them things back then. 1967 mustangs were selling as brand new cars with all the options for about $3,250 I believe....

thanks guys we restored this car woth our own sweat and blood a few years ago and it was my first ever project car, another cool thing is that it wa my dads first car and he kept it all tese years

My oldest son, Jason, just qualified for state I the 50 and 100 freestyle. It's his first invitational swim meet and first swim meet at all. He is on the jr high team and the coach said his times got him in

Cool

They pick state by times this early in the season?

he and his little brother grew up in the water. we have lived by the ocean their whole lives and always had access to a pool too. we spend about 3 or 4 hours a day in the pool in the summer and every once i a while hit up the beach. the big pool on base is about 5 minutes away and the beach is about 20 minutes. we never go in the water at the end of our street because to many drunk people fishing have thrown so much broken glass in the water that its not safe.

did i show you guys this picture?

Screenshot2-1.png

i am on the street that has the pier on the end of it that has the A on it. it takes about 3 minutes to walk to the end of the street.

this picture is from the end of the street
20110716170603-1.jpg

e9031bfe-1.jpg

here is hte pool on base

and everyone knows what the beach looks like

i figure that soon it will be time to take the kids and teach them to surf.

i found an old picture of my xj from the day it became mine

before

image-1169046647.jpg

how it sits as of now

image-3066959732.jpg

not to bad on a highschooler without a jobs budget if i do say so myself

bugleboy said:
i found an old picture of my xj from the day it became mine

before

how it sits as of now

not to bad on a highschooler without a jobs budget if i do say so myself

Looks good

thanks man :) im gonna leave it as it sits for now and start working on the blow-by issue im having and start replacing worn out engine components, i finally got it looking good, now its gotta start running good

its 8:30pm here and i am so tired, i want to stay up but i keep nodding off lol oh well, im 18 with the sleeping habits of an old fart, nighty night everyone!

Hey, wait a minute..... What is that old farth comment....LOL I am 57 years old, my day started this morning at 6:00 AM and just got done at 9:00 PM. Tomorrow the same thing then I have to pack my bags. Friday work all day and then fly home to Tampa. Saturday fix my machine, go to a wedding and sunday finish the whinshild brackets that I sold. Monday doctors appointment and Tuesday fly to New Orleans to work.....repeat every week. Not too bad for a old farth. I only sleep about 3 hrs a day.a lot has to do with my Navy training to deal with sleep depravation.

i get up at 0630 to take the kids to school. come home do wash and work around hte house. at 1200, i head to work. at 2230 i get off work and head home. by 2300 i am in bed wishing i was sleeping but can;t fall asleep. i usually get up 3 or 4 times a night because i hear people pull into my driveway. they are turning around or something because they just pull in and back up and go the other way.

I used to live on Clearwater Beach. Hated it when people pulled in my driveway, high beams shining in my bedroom windows. We sold the house and built a new one in the country. Only 3 homes on my street, lime stone paved road so only people living on my stree drive by, gates at my driveway, house in the middle of 10 acres property. At night dark as it can be because there are no street lights or any other lights within 4 miles. Best part, my 30x60 feet machine shop just behind my house. Just took delivery to my car lift two weeks ago. Everything still in the boxes. I can't sleep when at home because I want to be in the shop. When I was younger, all I wanted was to snuggle up with my wife in bed... Now I want to be in the shop. Getting old is getting to be really fun now!

Ghost Rider said:
Hey, wait a minute..... What is that old farth comment....LOL I am 57 years old, my day started this morning at 6:00 AM and just got done at 9:00 PM. Tomorrow the same thing then I have to pack my bags. Friday work all day and then fly home to Tampa. Saturday fix my machine, go to a wedding and sunday finish the whinshild brackets that I sold. Monday doctors appointment and Tuesday fly to New Orleans to work.....repeat every week. Not too bad for a old farth. I only sleep about 3 hrs a day.a lot has to do with my Navy training to deal with sleep depravation.
How'd they train you? That's info I could've used a year or so ago...I worked two jobs for 4yrs 6 and 7 days a week 20hrs a day on the go, I pulled it off but somtimes felt like a zombie...

i always thought of an old fart as an older persom (retired) who never gets out of the house and goes to bed before 9:00 lol, if your that active you are not an old fart your scedual is more hectic than mine lol

Back