throttle body spacer

CJ5_Will

do throttle body spacers really help with power? everyone I ask say's something different. one guys said that they help with horsepower, torque, and with mpg. is that true?

I heard if you JUST do a TB spacer it won't do much of anything unless you add a hi-flow air intake deal. But i could be wrong, just what I heard. I never installed one

tb spacer's don't usually provide a noticeable difference. i installed one on my 4.0 XJ and it really didn't do much (it did sorta make a cool whistling noise when you punched the gas though...). i also bought a K&N FIPK... but unfortunately with the way the XJ's hood is you can't install both a TB spacer and K&N's setup... it sits too tall on the throttle body and the hood won't close. so... maybe with a high flow setup a TB would do better, but i still doubt it would be much of a difference.

I've got a ram air on it already and it gives a big difference and it makes that same noise as you were talking about. It's a k&n set up from rusty's offroad or at least that's what the sticker says it was on there when I got it. any other mods that make a really noticeable difference.

Back