Tire Choice

Rdnkboi

Hey guys, I am looking for a good performing tire to put on my 03 Rubi. gonna be a 33in tire in a 16 in rim. road noise is not a problem whatsoever. tread wear I want to be decent, it dont have to last 50,000 miles but does need some tread life. aggressive is a must as I am addicted to off roading and ATs are not my style. Also it needs decent capabilities in ice/snow. It will be a daily driver. Im not concerned about the 1 mpg that I might lose from a radial to a bias ply.....

My considerations are:
Super Swamper LTB
Trxus MT
Super Swamper SSR
MT Baja claws
Super Swamper M16
Ground Hawg

any other really aggressive tires that I didnt list that are decently priced?

check into the hankook mud terrain,several of my friends run them.for a all around tire they can't be beat. moderate price and great performance, i am buying a set next month. here is a friend jeep with 35/1250/15

Attachments

• Delma's Pics 028.jpg
    Delma's Pics 028.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 847
You may look at fierce attitude mt I don't have pic but I got 38 k on my set I have now bout to get new ones. They look good
Good luck

If you want a lasting tire, steer clear of the Super Swampers... Nothing beats them on mud, but EVERYTHING beats them on road. I have heard good things about the baja claws, but you need to keep in mind they are unidirectional. From the list you have, I would probably go with the Hankook set...

@ rez rocker: How do they do on icy roads? I am moving to Utah this summer and come winter I need a good tire for ice.

No mud tire is good on ice. A/T's are better than M/T's in snow. Your best bet is a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks for the winter, they're as good on ice as it gets.

FYI, Swamper LTB's are made with a softer compound than regular Swampers and on the street you'll be lucky to get 12,000 miles out of them.

Of the tires you listed, if you want to use them in winter then I'd go with the Trxus MT's. (I'm the Tires Forum moderator on another truck board.)

johnnyo is correct. we have ours sipped and if you watch it we seem to get around pretty well. we live in mt and we get a lot of winter to test them lol.offroad ,we air down to 6/8psi and have a blast. we average around 25/30thousand miles with on/off road use.

From the list I say go with trxus mt. It's been known to have decent snow and ice performance, you should also consider the BFG KM2.

does anyone run SSRs or Trxus MTs? what kind of mileage do yall get out of them? I really like those tires alot and have heard Fierce Attitude and Dynapro MTs and KM2s but they dont really appeal to me much, I do appreciate your input, I just like the extreme aggresiveness of the Interco products.

Trxus is a radial built for a blend of offroad and road use, I don't reccomend the SSR though because in all honesty I've heard they perform the same as the TSL radial but get worse mileage, check put the TSL radial or get the trxus, but I have no personal experience with these tires yet, the thoughts I have come up with is based on 8 months of research on tires and I could still be off on my info it's all from reviews, others experiences stuff like that but I say check out the TSL radial and the Trxus MT both great tires, TSL will perform better offroad, Trxus MT will take care of you for offroad and on road.

Back