transmission won't stay in 4 low...

rtoney9

I have a little problem guys. I got my 2" body lift on and nearly everything is working like a charm. I have one problem though. When I shift into 4 low, 1) it is very difficult to get it all the way to low, 2)when I get it in 4 low it doesn't want to stay there. by this I mean that when it is in 4 low and I drive across bumps or ruts it pops out of 4 low. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIX IT? i know i could cut the floorboard, or bend the shifter forward a little. which way would work the best?

6 of one....half dozen of the other.........the floor might be easier.

Rob 8) :p :)

Stalling on deceleration

ok. I was just thinking that maybe the rubber boots are getting in the way. how could i solve this? could this even be the case? it is not a big deal right now because i usually only use my 4 low gear during the winter (hunting season) but I want to fix it asap.

wow... i forgot all about adjusting the linkage... i remember thinking about that when i was down there replacing my transmission

With a two inch body lift, there may not be enough play in the linkage, adjust first, but be ready to attempt the other.

Rob 8) :p :)

Hey Guys. I fixed it. the linkage was about 1/4" off. I adjusted it and now it works like a charm. tested it out this weekend with no problems.

Well I am glad to here that everything is working out for the best ...thanks for letting us know how it turned out.....:)

good going there... its good to know when you don't have to dig into your tub

Back