"V"I"B"E"S" ......... Tire Ba

TwistedTJ

What is causeing my vibes i know my t-case is toast but when ever im going 40+ I get vibes when i'm coasting in gear and in neutral what can be causing these ?

Sounds like tire balancing issue. Make sure the inside of the rims are clean and have them balanced at a shop that can measure roadforce. It's a special tire maching that has a large drum that pushes on the tire to seat the bead and measure roadforce. This will tell you what corner to run each tire on for best handling and performance.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you gentlemen on that. Tire vibration will occur whether on the gas or not. The problem is somewhere in your driveline.
Have you changed the rear end gears? Improper setup will cause vibration on the coast side of the gear but may not on the drive side. It will eventually shear the teeth off.
Also, the u-joints may be worn out. Get under there with it in park and twist the driveshaft to see if there is anything unusual in the u-joint dept.
You already said your t-case was shot. The transmission drives the t-case, so all power is transmittd though it. Could be bad bearings there.
More than likely it is in the driveshaft or u-joints. When you stay on the gas all the slop is taken out of the drivetrain. When you let off, it tries to coast or idle, spinning without any power transmitted and the slop shows up again.
I had the same problem in my 97 Burb. Turned out to be the u-joint at the pinion yoke.

I dont think its a u-joint cause I just had them all changed mid. november along with 2 new driveshafts ...........

I think its prob tire balance cause I did get it upto 50ish tonight and it was vibrating like it does when I let off the gas around 40 .

But my tires are pretty much worn out I have about another 3,000 miles left on them so ifits tire balance I'll deal with it till I get new Meats in teh next few months ...........

Now 33in TSL Rad. or 35in. Truxus MT's ?

Bounty and Snitty may be correct in this matter. I know for a fact that the vibration COULD only be sensed when accelerating. This past new years eve I lost one of my wheels on the thruwayl, I posted the story about a week ago. Anyway, before I lost my wheel, I felt vibrations while driving... but ONLY when I put my foot on the gas. When I let off the gas everything seemed fine, that led me to belive that it was something with the driveline, until my tire fell off. So the balancing could be the issue.

In dire need of a seatbelt!!

rotate the spare in until you find which one it is

Anyway, before I lost my wheel, I felt vibrations while driving
That's because the wheel was loose on the studs. It probably got worse on long sweeping turns.
Just because you got new u-joints doesn't mean anything. They may not have gotten the snap rings seated or there may not be enough grease in them. Keep driving it. The problem will present itself soon enough.

I cant rotate with a spare cause I dont have one ................ and my tires are directional so i can just move them forwars and backwards

I found you my problem lastnight.......

I somehow managed to bend a u-joint :?:

Back