Which lift is best for the $$$$$$ (on budget)

Pcoz88

Superlift?4Wd hardware lift kit?Trailmaster?Any and all info would be appericated!Thank-you. :-? :-? [addsig]

How big are you wanting to go?
What size tires do you want to fit?
What will the jeep be used for? Onroad? Offroad?
What type 'froadin?[addsig]

Well this is got to be the mother of question, I think if you asked every OlllllO owner this one youo would get as many different answers. But for the $ and on a budget. I would go with Superlift. I think they make a great product and whats more important, a quality product. So it may cost a bit more in the front end, it will not cost you in the long run.

Good luck and enjoy your OlllllO.

Ernie :cool: [addsig]

3 inch at the most ,on/off road,31's[addsig]

You have embarked on the "Search of the Holy Grail" I to have spent the winter looking for the answer to this question. I have pretty much nailed down my quest to the Rubicon Express Lift Kits.

Today I was able to get my Taxes finished and mailed off with a pretty good return coming so tug will soon be all up in the air so to speak. My tired old 87 YJ stock springs are in a negitive arch. I am riding around in a low rider jeep with out trying. I figure a 4" lift is going to be about 5 or 6 on my old springs.

Good luck on your search and there are as many ways to go as there are people to ask. I almost decided to go with the rough country lift cause there is a dealer for them in this area. But I have decided to be a little different than most around here. Tug[addsig]

I understand the need to conserve money, but there is also the concept of value. Saying that, my personal recomendation is BDS. They have a 3.5 inch system for the YJ that gets nothing but rave reviews from everyone that has it on there jeep. Some of the features of the system are it's completeness (pitman arm, trans case drop etc.), full military wrap springs, and the best warrenty in the business. They will replace any part that has failed with no questions asked. There are tons of places that sell BDS so just do a search on the major sites for BDS. Their web site also has names and info for local shops. Another way to get some extra clearence on the YJ is to find some TJ flares to put on and cut away the extra sheet metal that is left. Hope this helps. Like Tug says "Its hip to be square".

Todd [addsig]

Check out Rusty's Offroad for their full length add-a-leafs. These alone will give you enough clearance for 31" tires and the only other mod you'll need is longer shocks. That's truely on a budget. You can then add a 1" body lift or TJ fender flares for any more tire clearance, or the addition of even larger tires.

Most Jeepers will recommend what they run, or have run. It's all about personal preference.[addsig]

I've got 2 buddies in my Jeep club that run the Hell Creek Suspension 4inch lift kit. It is by far THE MOST COMPLETE KIT for under $400. It has all the usual stuff plus the pitman arm, bump stop extensions, brake line relocation brackets, tc drop, and track bar re-locators. I just emailed one of the sales people and they replied that all this is ready to go for $389 with shocks! I was weary of the inexpensive price, but the guys running this kit in my club swear by it. I even test drove their jeeps and the suspension is firm on the road and plush off the road. I'm convinced, and it's the cheapest deal around.

I used to like the RE kit, but now I've learned that the shocks are extra. Funk that. I ain't paying no stinkin' $650 for a susp. kit when I can get the Hell Creek and have $ left over for a locker!

But like Tug said... just personal preference.

it IS hip to be square. :cool: [addsig]

If you are buying brandnew, I think superlift money wise in the way to go. 4Wheel whole sales sells the kist for $350.00 with shocks. But don't forget our trusty ebay, you can find deals if you are patient enough. I got a complete skyjacker kit w/ pitman arm, t-case, soft-ride springs, etc.. everything but shocks for a mere $355.00 and are brand new. Try just a body lift and lift shackles. 2 inch body lift and 1 inch lift shackles will most likly run less than any lift and still provide enough space for 31's, plus you retain that factory luxury car ride!!

Johnny[addsig]

i just bought the BDS 2in sys. with 1&1/2in shakles and my 31's look small. probably can go with 33's it took a few weeks to break in, but now no more stiffness and i was really impressed with the kit.
they defniately do a great job and it was fairly cheap around 450.00 or so but i got a lot of extras that i didn't need!!! but good luck with your decision.[addsig]

If I was doing it all over again, definitly a spring over. Very inexspensive if you can weld and set up angles. If not get the bolt on spring over hardware. You will still have the factory ride,killer articulation,room for 33's.OOOOHH YEAH!!!! :evil: [addsig]

Back