32's on a 15x7 rim

TJ Intake Question

I'm currently running 32x11.50s Mud King XTs on a 15x7 Jeep Ecco wheel. They do rub and make a little noise when I make a hard right turn. Also, the footprint is not as large as if it were on a 15x8 rim. However, they do tuck well under the fender flares.

Thanks X. My rims are actually TJ Grizzly rims, but I don't have TJ flares.

Any YJ owners out there with stock YJ flares care to comment?

what size lift do you have? you can also trim your flares

Nutha day Nutha Mod.

i would run 15x8s..........there are some pretty cheap wheels out there that stand up to alot of abuse........plus you would get the full Footprint with wider wheels

I'm running 32x11.5 BFG MT's on my stock 5-spoke 15x7 rims, no real problems except a more limited turning radius. I have 2.5" of lift on my YJ with TJ fender flares.

That is the setup I have as well. Factory 15x7, 32x11.50x15. They fit fine under the factory flares. I have been wheelin' with my swaybar off and no rubbing under full flex. (See pix on website below)
They rubbed my leaf springs under full left or right turn, but this was easily corrected by spacing out the steering bump stops with 2 washers on eash side. With that done, I still think my turning radius is better than most other vehicles.
The narrower rim will leave a narrower footprint, but it will also make the tire taller. I don't think either is very noticeable at all. The last thing is with the tire on a rim 1" smaller than recommended, keep an eye on tire pressure as it is a little more critical especially when it comes to tire wear.

Hope this helps

TC

Back