Gun ban coming

Gennybro and I know that as machinists we don't need to build guns because it will be too expensive to do it...... But if you take them away from me, I will build abetter gun than anything that I have right now.......

Gennybro and I know that as machinists we don't need to build guns because it will be too expensive to do it...... But if you take them away from me, I will build abetter gun than anything that I have right now.......

Amen to that! If it came down to haveing our guns taken away, I imagine there are going to be some busy machinest behind closed doors.

we finally picked one out.

8370B9AA9D924CE98F4603484970040E98770000-1.jpg

springfield armory xd-40. cristina picked it out and i let her find the one she was comfortable holding. this will make it easier to get her to shoot. later on, i can get one for me since i am comfortable with guns. i have been trying to get her ok with guns since i met her, 14 years ago. she has been shooting before and is a great shot but was not comfortable owning a gun so this is a huge step forward for her to come and actually hold all the guns we tried and then to actually pick one and buy it, even though she says it was for me, ha ha ha. now, onto some handgun classes for us and then weapons safety for the kids.

Good choice superj. Now on the topic of guns the general public should have..... I have one of those "evil assault rifle AR-15's" which yes it is rigged for accuracy and mainly it has a 30 round mag attached but does it hardly see 30 rounds at a time loaded into it yes it hardly does. When I haven't gotten to shoot for a while and it coming up on almost 2 years then yes it will probably have a few 30 round mags run through it just because it my passion and figuratively speaking it makes me cream in my pants lol but mainly that 30 round mag sees 5 rounds loaded into it at a time on any given day and other times its loaded empty and I feed 1 round at a time by hand for 20 mins with 22 rounds of 5.56. This thing is free floated, heavy duty stainless barrel at 1-7.7 twist rate for accuracy and .40 qtr min sites. So it turns it into a bad ass killing machine but you know what I use it for competitive sport shooting in military and civilian. It is never going to see death it's is just going to see paper targets from 200-600 yards on the business end. How's the government going to claim me as a felon for owning such a scary boom stick. Now for the media ........ That is the biggest joke of the United States. They are only going to jump on the anti gun bandwagon because I tell ya if they sided on the guns aren't the problem crowd their rating would be shot to hell. They feed this trash to the citizens and they are stupid enough to believe what idiots on tv who have no idea what they are talking about are saying. Oh yes guns are so bad cause they kill people...... Yes because my guns gonna load itself then walk itself over to me and cap my ass all on its own........ Get a grip....... What's really happening here is the governments nothing more then a bunch of communist crooks...... They are encroaching on the basis of what founded the United States by imposing any type of ban, or law with regards to what is the second amendment. Do I find this ban on us law abiding citizens total BS? Yes because now everyone that doesn't care about the law practically has free reign to my family because if they strip our weapons and someone comes to harm my family or take my property I'm stuck bringing a knife to a gun fight. Is that going to happen...... Hell no. Is becoming a felon because I own to many guns that can shoot fast or carry up to 30 rounds at a time worth it if I choose to not give up anything ..... Yes it is worth it. It's my hobby, passion, and stress relief (on a range) that I found to suite me. I can work a bolt on a rifle with speed and what's the government going to do then ban me from gun use in general? lets see them try.

Something interesting from the news:

Rocket launchers surface during Los Angeles guns buyback

When Los Angeles police moved up their annual Citywide Gun Buyback program to this week, they collected an arsenal that included 75 assault weapons, 698 rifles, 363 shotguns, 901 handguns and — more surprisingly — two rocket launchers.

121228-Rocket-hmed-724p.photoblog600.jpg

Rocket launchers surface during Los Angeles guns buyback - U.S. News

we finally picked one out.

springfield armory xd-40. cristina picked it out and i let her find the one she was comfortable holding. this will make it easier to get her to shoot. later on, i can get one for me since i am comfortable with guns. i have been trying to get her ok with guns since i met her, 14 years ago. she has been shooting before and is a great shot but was not comfortable owning a gun so this is a huge step forward for her to come and actually hold all the guns we tried and then to actually pick one and buy it, even though she says it was for me, ha ha ha. now, onto some handgun classes for us and then weapons safety for the kids.

Glad you chose a Springfield, I have owned a Springfield P-9 race comp gun for over 18 years now and enjoyed the smooth action its my primary pistol in 3 gun comps.

Good choice superj. Now on the topic of guns the general public should have..... I have one of those "evil assault rifle AR-15's" which yes it is rigged for accuracy and mainly it has a 30 round mag attached but does it hardly see 30 rounds at a time loaded into it yes it hardly does. When I haven't gotten to shoot for a while and it coming up on almost 2 years then yes it will probably have a few 30 round mags run through it just because it my passion and figuratively speaking it makes me cream in my pants lol but mainly that 30 round mag sees 5 rounds loaded into it at a time on any given day and other times its loaded empty and I feed 1 round at a time by hand for 20 mins with 22 rounds of 5.56. This thing is free floated, heavy duty stainless barrel at 1-7.7 twist rate for accuracy and .40 qtr min sites. So it turns it into a bad ass killing machine but you know what I use it for competitive sport shooting in military and civilian. It is never going to see death it's is just going to see paper targets from 200-600 yards on the business end. How's the government going to claim me as a felon for owning such a scary boom stick. Now for the media ........ That is the biggest joke of the United States. They are only going to jump on the anti gun bandwagon because I tell ya if they sided on the guns aren't the problem crowd their rating would be shot to hell. They feed this trash to the citizens and they are stupid enough to believe what idiots on tv who have no idea what they are talking about are saying. Oh yes guns are so bad cause they kill people...... Yes because my guns gonna load itself then walk itself over to me and cap my ass all on its own........ Get a grip....... What's really happening here is the governments nothing more then a bunch of communist crooks...... They are encroaching on the basis of what founded the United States by imposing any type of ban, or law with regards to what is the second amendment. Do I find this ban on us law abiding citizens total BS? Yes because now everyone that doesn't care about the law practically has free reign to my family because if they strip our weapons and someone comes to harm my family or take my property I'm stuck bringing a knife to a gun fight. Is that going to happen...... Hell no. Is becoming a felon because I own to many guns that can shoot fast or carry up to 30 rounds at a time worth it if I choose to not give up anything ..... Yes it is worth it. It's my hobby, passion, and stress relief (on a range) that I found to suite me. I can work a bolt on a rifle with speed and what's the government going to do then ban me from gun use in general? lets see them try.
Well said. :agree:

Glad you chose a Springfield, I have owned a Springfield P-9 race comp gun for over 18 years now and enjoyed the smooth action its my primary pistol in 3 gun comps.

a guy on a bike forum i am on said he loves his also and has had it for years. i guess that is one of the brands people don;t talk alot about or something because the only brand all my friends kept telling me was glock and ruger. luckily a lady in the store at the same time was buying herself a second gun and was looking at everything we were so she gave us her experienced thoughts on owning a pistol and the types her and her husband owned. it helped a lot because this one fits cristina perfectly and when the extended mag is in, it fits me great, also.

a guy on a bike forum i am on said he loves his also and has had it for years. i guess that is one of the brands people don;t talk alot about or something because the only brand all my friends kept telling me was glock and ruger. luckily a lady in the store at the same time was buying herself a second gun and was looking at everything we were so she gave us her experienced thoughts on owning a pistol and the types her and her husband owned. it helped a lot because this one fits cristina perfectly and when the extended mag is in, it fits me great, also.
Personally, I don't care for a Glock. I have a friend that loves his but the feel is just not there for me. I'll probably buy maybe a couple more semi auto pistols ( an original ww2 army issue 1911 is on my bucket list) but really I lean tword revolvers. So much easier to clean and take care of. At a glance you can tell if it's loaded and I don't have to worry if my wife can pull the slide back.
Also I don't care for a polycarbinate (sp?) frame. 3 things I like in a gun, it should be made of metal, should be blued or black and have real wood stock or grips. I know Glock is well proven but it's just an opinion.

I like revolvers too but I didn't know if it would be good for Cristina since she has only shot a semi auto 9mm before

We didn't ban the box knives used to take over the hijacked planes or the planes used a weapons by the terrorist on 9/11. We just made it difficult for terrorist to use those "tools" again. So lets make it difficult for criminals and the mentally ill use firearms.

The terrorists on 9/11 clearly showed that is was not necessary to use firearms to kill thousands.

We also didn't ban the Muslims .... They used the box cutters to kill thousands of people and destroy freedoms in our country. If guns kill, so do the Muslim terrorists. Ban the terrorists.

Superj this is my springfield. A CZ clone or a a ladies 1911. I heard all the comments before so need to repeat them peanut gallery, lol. 20.jpg

All this arms talk is really getting me hot. All I can see is a bunch of men standing next to their jeeps with side arms strapped to their legs. Mmm. Tasty.

I am extremely pro gun. I grew up with them. Got my first 12g bruise before I was a teenager. Any child with a misconception about guns, or who injures himself when mom and dad are gone, is a direct result of parenting. Touching dad's gun without dad's presence meant big trouble for me and I didn't even know where the ammo was kept. I never even went near the gun closet.

TV and games provoking irrational gun behavior is bs. I might give acceptance for a mentally unstable person. I liked GTA as a kid, but I know damn good and well car theft is bad. Any child who's old enough to hold a firearm and doesn't know the difference between entertainment and reality is either MR or needs better parenting.

My 1st birthday present was a 20 gauge shotgun. I started shooting at age 6. People that don't show their kids firearms and safe handling are doing them a disservice.

Back