02 Grand cherokee with broken heater fan -- have codes, now what?

A/C is working. I used a gauge, and it was low.

Thanks for the help.8)

I think it might be time to send her down the road after the past couple of months.:???:

OK, this is messed up.

I replaced the fuse, wired everything up, the blower was spinning, but it didn't sound right. It sounded like it was sucking. But air was coming out of the vents.

Now, there is no way I could have screwed it up. On the resistor block connector splice, I connected the wires per the instructions. It says "Following the 4-way pigtail color coding splice 3 wires to the vehicle wiring." So, I spliced the black to the black; the red to the red; and the striped to the striped. On the blower motor plug, there is no splicing, just plug in.

Air was only coming out of the bottom ducts, and the fan sounded really weird.

So I did th AZC recal. No luck.

So, I put the old resistor block in and did an AZC recal, and everthing works and no error codes. I have no idea why. I couldn't have screwed the new resistor up, because it was still in the package when I had my wiring hiccup.

Anyway, I have a $100 resistor, and the Jeep garage says no returns on electronics. I'll give it a try anyway. I don't dare try to wire it up any other way than black-black, red-red, etc. Everything is working, and I am not chancing any more errors.

I have no idea...

I've done the connector wiring twice now with the old style connector and it worked with no problems. With the new connector, it screwed up my mode selection.
I just installed the same solution and got the same result (very little air flow and it almost appears to be sucking air). I did disconnect the battery during the process. Is the red to red, black to black, stiped to striped not the correct wiring?

Back