2.5L performance?

Yeah im hopin so, it'll have plenty of giddyup and just the right amount of power to do what i want and not too much to get stuck.

Well thats a good thing. Yeah I was was just just fooling around with my Throttle bodys again and the reason thats plural is I have One-62mm another thats 62mm on top and 57mm on bottom. Another 4.0L TB which I currently run now which is just slightly modified on top side only. It has about a half inch bevel on the very top side. So it is actually 62mm bore on top then tapers down half inch to the factory 4.0L 60mm just above the throttle plate. Below the plate is stock 55mm. This sits on top of a custom spacer which is also tapered with a 60mm bore on top and 55mm on bottom. Manifold bored to 55mm to macth. This setup seems to work real good for me, as air is pressured downward causing a good air charge. It yeilds torque not only on low end but also torque at high end. When I run the straight 62mm TB I lose torque on high end. I find myself having to push on pedal harder and further down to maintain highway speeds. With the tapered approach I use less pedal to maintain same speeds, have more torque and use less fuel. I guess the lil 4 banger needs all the help it can use to force that air in.Anyway feels good.

I hear ya there.... well im stranded in michigan at the moment... was playin around in the sand and fried my regulator on my alternator so im hoping town has my parts and a new battery... lol im in blue lake township just north of muskegan, at my favorite scout camp, so ive got a whole maintenance shop at my disposal, so i'll have her done and back to beating the trails tomarrow morning when the parts store opens up. ;)

Just took my YJ out for a long ride this past weekend and had no issues holding 65-70 MPH with my 4 banger. Everything stock, all that I have done was taking off the air restricting tube of the air intake box.

quicksand97 said:
Man thats pretty good, 65- 70 MPH with all stock. What size tires you running?

Running 33" tires. All stock as far as engine is concerned. 1994 just turned 70K this weekend.

Thats pretty good on 33s. I still run 31 bfg muds with 4:10 gears and with all my mods under the hood I am holding top speeds of 75MPH and 65 up hill on head wind. Mine also takes off the line like real quick. So for stock on 33s good deal. Yea right now on my 97 TJ I got about 140,000 and still going strong.

I hear ya there.... well im stranded in michigan at the moment... was playin around in the sand and fried my regulator on my alternator so im hoping town has my parts and a new battery... lol im in blue lake township just north of muskegan, at my favorite scout camp, so ive got a whole maintenance shop at my disposal, so i'll have her done and back to beating the trails tomarrow morning when the parts store opens up. ;)

got her fixed and drove home just fine had the 300lb tool box in back and still hit 90mph. if i can figure out how to load the shots onto here i have photo proof. lol

Yea I am considering a electric fan, still tossing around the pros and cons. My concerns are how dependable are they really. Hate to be out in the middle of no where and have it go bad. But then again there is so many other things that can go bad. Belt, sensors and on and on. But a E-fan would be one more thing to worry about, I mean it has a motor of course, a relay, a fuse, a temperture probe and I not sure what else. But time will tell. I really dont have any complaints about my rig now, she is running good and strong, and to top it off she is pretty quick. Maybe I will leave well enough alone. I sould maybe focus more on other mods on my wish list. Meduim duty rock sliders, diff protection and such. I dont wanna add to much wieght to it. I believe in the power to wieght ratio.

quicksand97 said:
Thats pretty good on 33s. I still run 31 bfg muds with 4:10 gears and with all my mods under the hood I am holding top speeds of 75MPH and 65 up hill on head wind. Mine also takes off the line like real quick. So for stock on 33s good deal. Yea right now on my 97 TJ I got about 140,000 and still going strong.

I hear all the bad things about the 4 banger..... I wouldn't trade mine for the world. I actually have another engine totally rebuild sitting in my shop. All I need is a new transmission and rebuild it also and then I can o a swap if I ever need one. This will be the last car that I ever own....... Just absolutely loving it.

Yea same here I love my lil monster, I will never give up on her. I am ready to find or make a sticker stating 2.5L HIGH OUTPUT or maybe 2.5L Fast

i wonder will the 4.0 gear drive match the 2.5? i must do more digging... that would be saweet!

The 2.5L and 4.0L use the same timing set, so double roller sets and gear drives for the 4.0L will work on the 2.5L engine.

I've had a '2.5L High Output' sticker on my YJ for about 10 years now :crazy:

quicksand97 said:
OK where can I get a sticker from ? Tell me !!

I am not sure where you live but by me here in Tampa area every flea market has a guy or two that make vinyl signs. They can make you one if you want one. If you don't ind anybody, tel me what you want on it and I will have one made for you by one of them and send it to you. It can't be more than few bucks...

Cool Thanks I had this link awhile back, I can order a couple now. Thank you Sir

also search the web, quadratec makes all sorts stickers with different colors too for custom rigs. you can find them, if you search, i always start on the web first. not too many jeepers in the chicagoland area.

Back